Bourbon Cranberry Bread Pudding
In collaboration with Chef Leo (Instagram @chef_leo_aguirre) we are bringing you this tasty holiday cast iron recipe.
2 Cups milk
1-1/2 Cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 Cups white sugar
1-1/2 Teaspoons lemon zest
1-1/2 Teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 Vanilla bean split and seeds scrapped away
1-1/2 Loaves sourdough or brioche cut into 2" slices
1 Cup cranberries
1/4 Cup shaved almonds
4 Oz high quality bourbon
2 Teaspoons butter
Instructions1. Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Whisk milk, cream, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, salt, cinnamon, bourbon, and vanilla been together.
3. Fold in bread and cranberries.
4. Set aside to soak for 40 minutes.
5. Butter your No. 10 Cast Iron Skillet.
6. Transfer the bread mixture to the prepared skillet; remove and discard the vanilla bean.
7. Cover the skillet with aluminum foil.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
9. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.