Lemon Skillet Pie
1-1/2 Cups crushed graham crackers
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
3 Cups sweetened condensed milk
3 Egg yolks
2/3 Cup fresh lemon juice (3-4 lemons)
Pinch of sea salt
1 Cup cold heavy whipping cream
3 Tablespoons powder sugar
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
Grated lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Lightly coat No. 10 skillet with butter
3. In a large mixing bowl combine crushed graham crackers and sugar. Stir in melted butter until well blended.
4. Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and up the sides of your prepared skillet.
5. Bake crust until firm (8 minutes)
6. While crust is baking beat the condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice and salt for 4 minutes in stand mixer.
7. Pour mixture into the baked pie crust. Return to the oven and bake until center is set (10 minutes).
8. Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature for 30 minutes then place in refrigerator until set (at least 1 hour).
1. Make the whipped cream with your stand mixer. Beat the whipped cream, powder sugar, and vanilla on high speed until fluffy.
2. Spread the whipped cream on the cooled pie and garnish.