One Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
1 Tablespoon olive oil
4 Cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
2 Cups yukon gold potatoes boiled & cubed
1 Cup chopped white onion
1 Cup celery
1 Cup carrots
1/3 Cup unsalted butter
1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
2 Cups chicken broth
1 Cup half & half
1 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon cracked pepper
1/4 Teaspoon sage
1/4 Teaspoon thyme
1 Pie crust
1 egg, beaten
1. Heat oil in a cast iron skillet. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the meat is golden brown on the outside and no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C)
3. To the same skillet, add the butter, onions, celery, and carrots and sauté until translucent.
4. Spread flour over vegetables in the skillet and quickly stir to avoid lumps.
5. Pour in chicken broth, half & half, salt, pepper, sage and thyme and bring to a boil to thicken the sauce.
6. Add back the chicken and the potatoes to the skillet.
7. Place the pie crust over the chicken and vegetable mixture and carefully (its hot) seal along the edges of the skillet with your fingers.
8. Brush the top of the crust with the egg and cut four slits in the top to release steam.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
1. Slice and serve.