3 Tablespoons full fat dairy (i.e. heavy cream, half & half, whole milk, sour cream, yogurt)
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 Cup grated Gruyere cheese
3-4 Cups chopped vegetables or greens (use what is left over in your fridge)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Garnish: Chopped or torn fresh, leafy herbs (i.e. basil, parsley, cilantro or dill)
1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Crack eggs into a medium mixing bowl. Add dairy and salt and whisk until blended
3. Whisk in the grated cheese.
4. In a No. 10 skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat.
5. Add the vegetables. Start with dense vegetables (chopped onions) then add softer vegetables (zucchini). Cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and stir with a spatula to combine and distribute everything evenly across the skillet.
7. After about 45 seconds transfer the frittata to the oven.
8. Bake for 7 - 14 minutes until the eggs are puffed and appear cooked. The center of the fritatta should jiggle just a bit.
8. Remove the skillet from oven and let the frittata cool about 10 minutes.
1. Cut into wedges and garnish with herbs.