Skillet Texas Sheet Cake
1 Cup all purpose flour
1 Cup granulated sugar
2 Teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
1/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 Cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 Large egg
1/4 Cup buttermilk
1/2 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
3 Tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Cup powdered sugar
1/4 Cup finely chopped Texas pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In your No. 10 cast iron skillet melt butter then whisk in 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil.
4. Turn off heat and stir in dry ingredients. Once combined stir in egg, buttermilk, and vanilla.
5. Bake for about 18 minutes.
6. While cake is baking make the icing is a small saucepan. Combine butter, cocoa, and cream and bring to a boil, stirring consistently. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and powdered sugar. Keep warm.
7. Remove cake from oven and let cool slightly.
8. Pour icing over warm cake. Sprinkle with pecans and let cool slightly until frosting sets before serving.
1. Slice and serve with a scoop of Bluebell vanilla ice cream.