One Skillet Chicken Sausage Orzo
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1-1/2 Lbs. Opa's Chicken Sausage with Poblano Chile and Monterey Jack Cheese
2 Bunches (about 1 lb.) coarsely chopped broccolini
Ground black pepper
2 Minced garlic cloves
1 Cup orzo pasta
2-1/2 Cups chicken broth
1/2 Cup grated parmesan
1. Heat oil in No. 10 cast iron skillet over medium / high heat.
2. Add sausage and cooked until evenly brown on both sides (3-4 minutes).
3. Add broccolini, season with salt and pepper, and saute until vibrant green and almost tender (about 5 minutes).
4. Add the garlic and orzo and saute until fragrant (about 1 minute).
5. Add chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook until pasta is al dente and liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes).
6. Stir in parmesan and season as needed with kosher salt and pepper.
1. Garnish with additional grated parmesan cheese as desired.